1. Computing

Robert Silva

Hisense K610 and K360M Series LED/LCD TVs - Products of the Week

By April 12, 2013

If you are looking for a new TV, Hisense now has four new LCD TVs available, via Walmart Stores, for U.S. consumers. The first two are the 50 and 55-inch K610 series which incorporate built-in Smart TV and Internet Streaming features that are accessible via built-in WiFi, on top of their 1080p native display resolution, LED backlighting, and 120Hz screen refresh rate.

The other two sets comprise the Hisense K360M series. These sets come in smaller 40 and 46 screen sizes, with 1080p screen resolution, LED backlighting, and 60Hz screen refresh rate. However, unlike the K610's they don't have Smart TV or Internet Streaming features built-in, but what they do have is an MHL-enabled HDMI port that allows consumers to add Smart TV and Internet Streaming access by plugging in an optional Roku Streaming Stick.

The streaming stick provides all the functionality (including its own WiFi connectivity) that a standalone Roku Media player offers, but on a plug-in device that is not much larger than a typical USB Flash Drive. This certainly cuts down on the number of connection cable to your TV, and the Streaming Stick offers access to a lot more services than what is normally built into a Smart TV.

In addition to the Roku Streaming Stick, the MHL-HDMI port provided on the K360M series sets also allow consumers to access audio and video content stored on compatible smartphones and tablets.

To find out more about these new LED/LCD TVs from Hisense, check out the Official Product Pages for the K610 and K360M Series.

For more suggestions, check out my current list of LCD and LED/LCD TVs 40-inches and Larger.

Check your local Walmart (or Walmart.com) for availability and pricing. Image provided by Hisense USA

Follow Me On Twitter and Facebook

Comments
August 23, 2013 at 5:23 pm
(1) steve says:

these tvs suck!!!!!!!! the customer service sucks i would not recommend this brand to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2013 at 1:08 pm
(2) AR says:

I just purchased the Hisense 55 inch television from Walmart approximately 1 month ago and it is the best tv that I have ever owned or seen. The picture quality is by far the best that I have ever seen, comparable to Samsung(and I own a 46 inch Samsung).

Don’t be fooled by negative reviews,,, you will be very happy with your decision to purchase any of the Hisense televisions.

October 30, 2013 at 12:55 pm
(3) Steve S. says:

Hello, I bought the Hisense 55K610GWN here in the US, New Jersey actually, and although it didn’t mention it anywhere on the box or manual it turns out to be a 3D tv. But you need to order the glasses from China, about $37.00 including s&h. Takes about a week to arrive, not the 20-40 days they said. Any way The tv is beautiful, yes you can sometimes notice some background picture noise but minimal , just select that option to medium or high. The tv 120hz with a blur motion option. the option is best set at med or low. With it on high it’s like the object that is moving has a blur around it. Without it on the moving picture object has a stutter. Also notice the model tv I mentioned has an “N” at the end of it. That means its the most recent updated model, and as of now the regular 55K610GW are no more. ?For the price you will love this tv.

December 5, 2013 at 12:27 pm
(4) hunt says:

Is the k610 also 3d ready?

December 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(5) hometheater says:

No – The K610 series is not 3D ready. The current 3D sets from Hisense are listed here: http://hisense-usa.com/alltvs/?filterfeature=52

December 6, 2013 at 12:20 pm
(6) Just bought one! says:

I’m totally impressed by the Hisense TV – I paid almost 1/2 of what I’d have paid for a Samsung and I can’t tell any difference! Any negative news you will hear are just haters and if they are willing to pay double the price for the same TV, let them. I have better things to do with the money I saved – like buying another TV for my garage, yeah!
My next buy may be Hisense’s 55″ 4K Ultra HDTV, saw it on Costco.com for $1499 – WOW!

January 3, 2014 at 2:31 pm
(7) steve says:

These tv’s do not suck , they are very good and amazing for a brand that isn’t well known yet. But yes, I will agree that the customer service is complete garbage, and useless. I called them over a dozen times in a 3 month span and always spoke to a women who knew nothing about the tv. They just read back the same info you can find on the Hisense website for specs. Also Hisense has released new versions of their tv models and hasn’t yet updated their website. The Hisense 55K610GWN, yes with an “N” at the end appears to be 3D. If you have this tv hooked up to a 3D blu ray player and a 3D movie it actually plays 3D movies where as a non-3D tv display will not. Because if it was a not a 3D tv it will tell you that this display is not 3D capable and wont play it. You have to order the 3D glasses from China, I did. Was about $30 and says it takes 1 month to recieve them, but only took a week. Good luck!

February 2, 2014 at 8:14 pm
(8) Ricko says:

I haven’t read of anyone actually saying the 55k610gwn plays 3d and that the glasses work. I just read that it “appears” that it will. Can anyone confirm the 3d will work and that they have glasses confirming that fact?

February 3, 2014 at 1:19 am
(9) hometheater says:

I think where the confusion comes from is that the U.S. version of the K610 series is not listed as 3D compatible, but some models in the series that are made to be sold in other markets are listed as being 3D-enabled – for example, here is a link to Australian version of the K610, which comes in an additional screen size and provides active shutter 3D viewing: http://hisense.com.au/tvs/K610/55/51

If you own a K610, you might want to contact Hisense tech support directly for further clarification regarding the U.S. versions.

Robert Silva
hometheater@aboutguide.com

February 4, 2014 at 11:46 am
(10) Ricko says:

That makes sense and I sent a query to Hisense.

I did come across this Canadian site which lists specs for the same model, 55K610GWN, and which indicates 3D. capability.

My screen currently shows a double image when it receives 3d video. If I hear back from Hisense, I will post the information.

February 4, 2014 at 12:04 pm
(11) hometheater says:

If your TV displays a double image when a 3D signal is present – that should indicate that it is 3D compatible – if it wasn’t you should be seeing a blank screen or some sort of “incompatible” signal message.

Definitely an interesting find – It sounds like “GWN” at the end of the model number may be a tip-off – it would be interesting to see if anyone owns a model that just ends in “GW” has experienced this also. The Hisense U.S. Website only lists the “GW” model designation.

Robert Silva
hometheater@aboutguide.com

February 20, 2014 at 7:33 pm
(12) George says:

Where do I buy the glasses

February 21, 2014 at 10:43 am
(13) hometheater says:

Contact Hisense directly.

February 24, 2014 at 11:42 pm
(14) Chris Hennings says:

Im in love with my new k610gwn…. however, the manual says I get Opera, not just Opera apps… I would like to browse the net on my tv but cant find Opera. Any tips?

February 25, 2014 at 12:05 am
(15) hometheater says:

Contact Hisense or Opera tech support for clarification regarding your specific TV.

March 8, 2014 at 6:17 am
(16) Lokey says:

I have the Hisense K610(GW) 55in led tv. All I have to say is”wow”!!! I am absolutely loving this tv. I am an avid VIZIO buyer and have been a huge fan of that brand. I was ready to upgrade from a 42in to something bigger. I was so heart set on buying another VIZIO…. until I saw this hisense sitting next to it. Instantly the picture reached out and grabbed my eyes by the balls!!! I like the video app buttons on the remote, and the 4 HDMI ports. The price was in the range for what I was looking for. $678 @ wally world. The picture does need some tweaking, but with some easy adjustments the picture quality was ready for battle.

March 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm
(17) nancy says:

It’s a good tv as long as it works. 4 months to the day after purchasing it they had to order a main board. I was told 5-7 business days well guess what I haven’t received it yet. Don’t bother to ask to speak with a supervisor they don’t have any available. When one does call you back and you miss the call you call them back and your told they are open to 8 pm and you call them back at 7:45 and your told the office is now closed. What kind of an operation is this. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. ALL YOU GET IS THE RUN AROUND WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

April 18, 2014 at 3:58 pm
(18) rewaj says:

i have bought a 32 inches Hisense tv in hong kong and i have been trying to download the app’s from my WI-Fi but all the App’s are in chinese virsion,and also i don’t have any idea how to download opera app.can anyone help me how to crack down it……………..?pls………….. i need peoples help.

thank you .