With the increased number of home theater components equipped with HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connections, such as DVD players, DVD recorders, Blu-ray players, HD-DVD players, and Satellite and Cable Boxes, one or two HDMI inputs provided on many HDTVs and/or Home Theater receivers is not enough. An HDMI Switcher is a useful product for owners of HDTVs that do not have enough HDMI input connections for HDMI source components. For some suggestions on HDMI switchers that may work for you, check out my current favorites.
NOTE: If you arrive on this page and notice that there is 404 Error box where the product images should be - you can still click on the 404 Error box and a new window will open up with the product image. Sorry for the inconvenience, this will be corrected as soon as possible.
1. DVDO Quick6 6x2 4K UltraHD HDMI Switch
To start the Quick6 provides a total of six HDMI inputs, all of which are 3D compatible, but four of them are also pass 4K resolution and two more also provide MHL-compatibility. There are also two HDMI outputs that can be configured to pass audio and video to two video display devices, or, if needed or desired, pass video to your display device and audio to your home theater receiver.
However, that isn't all, PIP enables you to display two HDMI sources on the screen at once, and InstaPrevue displays thumbnails of all your active HDMI sources for easy input selection. There are also additional useful features provided.
Review - Photos - Official Product Page.
2. Atlona LinkCast Wireless HD Audio/Video System
Review and Photos - Compare Prices.
3. CablesToGo TruLink 6x1 HDMI SelectorWith the increasing number of HDMI-enabled devices, such as Blu-ray Disc Players, Upscaling DVD players, Network Media Players, and even Cable/Satellite Boxes, TVs can quickly run out of available inputs. This is where the CablesToGo TruLink 6x1 HDMI Selector can come in handy. This little black box provides a total of 6 HDMI inputs, including a conveniently front mounted input, and one HDMI output for your TV or video projector. Also included is a remote control that allows easy selection of each input source.
4. Accell UltraAV 5x1 HDMI Audio/Video Switch - Model K072C-010B
However, with the Accell UltraAV 5x1 HDMI Switch you can now expand an HDTV's single HDMI input up to five inputs. This switch is very easy to use and does not degrade signal quality from HDMI sources.
read my photo-illustrated review - Compare Prices
5. Atlona AT-HD4-V42 4x2 HDMI Switch
Review - Compare Prices
6. Accell UltraAV™ HDMI 1.3 4x4 Matrix Audio/Video Switch
Review - Photo Gallery - Compare Prices
7. IOGEAR GHDSW4 4-1 HDMI SwitchThe IOGEAR GHDSW4 4-1 HDMI Switch is a product that can be used to expand, up to four HDMI input sources that can be accessed by your HDTV, even if it only has one HDMI input. The IOGEAR HDMI Switch is very easy to use, provides convenient input auto-sensing, is fully HDMI 1.3 compatible, and does not degrade signal quality from HDMI sources. Also, this switcher is DVI-compatible (requires HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable). However, this switcher is not 4K or 3D-compatible. A credit-card style remote is also provided.