2. Video Processing: HDMI pass through of high definition signals up to 1080p. Standard definition video signals are deinterlaced and can be upscaled up to 1080p via the HDMI monitor output. There are video settings for output resolution, aspect ratio, Progressive motion, Noise reduction, Detail, Sharpness, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Chroma Level.
The VSX-1019AH-K also incorporates the HDMI™ Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) for jitterless audio transmission between the receiver and compatible Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Players for optimum audio CD playback performance.
4. Audio Inputs/Outputs: The VSX-1019AH-K has two Coaxial and two Optical), Analog stereo audio connections and a subwoofer preamp output. Also included are a set of 5.1 channel audio inputs that accommodate 5.1 channel DVD-Audio, SACD, Blu-ray, or HD-DVD 5.1 channel analog audio sources.
5. Video Input/Outputs: The VSX-1019AH-K offers Four HDMI inputs and one output, as well as two HD Component inputs and one output. There are four Composite Video and two additional analog audio-only inputs, plus a front panel A/V input for connection of an additional source, such as a camcorder. The VSX-1019AH-K also features a VCR/DVR/DVD Recorder connection loop.
7. AM/FM/Sirius Satellite Radio: The VSX-1019AH-K not only has both an AM/FM tuner, and Sirius satellite radio capability. Subscription and optional antenna are required for receiving Sirius Radio Service.
8. iPod, iPhone, and Flash Drive Connectivity: With the front mounted USB port you can plug an iPod or iPhone directly into the VSX-1019 without the need to purchase an additional accessory adapter. In addition, you can also connect USB flash drives. Using the wireless remote, you can navigate and access compatible audio, still, and video files stored on your iPod or USB flash drives.
9. Lip Synch, Dialog Enhancement: The inclusion of Lip-Synch on the VSX-1019AH-K allows compensation for audio/video time discrepancies that may be encountered.
Also included is Dialog Enhancement which insures understandable center channel sound levels when listening to DVD, Blu-ray, or HD-DVD multi-channel soundtracks.
10. MCACC: The Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K also features an automated speaker setup function called MCACC. By connecting the provided microphone to the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K and following the instructions outlined in the user manual.
11. Zone 2 Operation: The Zone 2 function allows control of either the same, or separate, source than the one being listened to in the main room, in another location. For example, the user can be watching a Blu-ray Disc or DVD movie with surround sound in the main room, while someone else can listen to a CD player in another, at the same time. Both the Blu-ray Disc or DVD player and CD player are connected to the same Receiver, but are accessed and controlled separately using the same main Receiver. For specific details how the 2nd Zone feature is implemented on the VSX-1019AH-K, refer to pages 69 and 90 in the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K User Manual.
Loudspeaker Systems used included:
Video Scaling Reference: Anchor Bay DVDO Edge
Level checks made using a Radio Shack Sound Level Meter
Blu-ray Discs: 300, Across The Universe, Bolt, Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian, Hairspray, Iron Man, Night at the Museum, Quarantine, Rush Hour 3, Shakira - Oral Fixation Tour, The Dark Knight, and Wall-E.
Standard DVDs: The Cave, House of the Flying Daggers, Kill Bill - Vol 1/2, Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut), Lord of Rings Trilogy, Master and Commander, Moulin Rouge, Outlander, and U571.
CDs: Al Stewart - Sparks of Ancient Light and A Beach Full of Shells, Beatles - LOVE, Blue Man Group - The Complex, Joshua Bell - Bernstein - West Side Story Suite, Eric Kunzel - 1812 Overture, HEART - Dreamboat Annie, Lisa Loeb - Firecracker, Nora Jones - Come Away With Me.
DVD-Audio discs included: Queen - Night At The Opera/The Game, Eagles - Hotel California, and Medeski, Martin, and Wood - Uninvisible.
SACD discs used included: Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, Steely Dan - Gaucho, The Who - Tommy.