NOTE: As of 2013, the number of available TV/DVD and TV/Blu-ray combos has greatly diminished, thus the limited selection listed below.
1. RCA LED42C45RQD 42-inch LED/LCD TV/DVD Player ComboWell, here is something you don't see often - a 42-inch TV with a built-in DVD player. The RCA LED42C45RQD is an LED-backlit 1080p LCD TV that features a side mounted slot-loading DVD Player, that, in addition to DVD playback, can also play CDs, SVCDs, VCDs, MP3 and JPEG CDs. This unit is also equipped with additional AV inputs, including two HDMI, component, and composite video inputs, a USB slot for accessing compatible content from flash drives or digital cameras, as well as a digital optical audio output for connection to a home theater audio system. The LED42C45RQD also has a built-in ATSC/QAM tuner for direct reception of the digital over-the-air and digital unscrambled cable channels. Even a headphone jack is included that is practical for late night personal viewing. However, it must be noted that this TV does not have internet streaming or 3D features. That being said, it is definitely worth considering if you want a larger screen no-frills TV that also has a DVD player built-in.
2. RCA LED32B30RQD 32-inch LCD TV/DVD Player ComboThe RCA LED32B30RQD is a 32-inch LED-backlit flat panel 720p LCD TV combined with a DVD Player that not only offers DVD playback, but can also play CDs, SVCDs, VCDs, and JPEG CDs. This unit is also equipped with additional AV inputs, including two HDMI and a PC monitor input, a USB slot for accessing compatible content from flash drives or digital cameras, as well as a digital optical audio output for connection to a home theater audio system. The LED32B30RQD also comes equipped with a built-in ATSC/QAM tuner, which allows direct reception of the digital over-the-air and digital unscrambled cable channels. An added bonus is the inclusion of a headphone jack which is great for late night personal viewing. With its modest size and basic features, this unit may be a good option for your home theater setup.
3. RCA 26LB30RQD 26-inch LCD TV/DVD ComboStart with an RCA 26-inch LCD HDTV with 1366x768 native pixel resolution (approx 720p) and NTSC/ATSC tuners, then add a progressive scan DVD/CD player, put it all in one cabinet, and you have a great space-saving one-piece home entertainment system. In addition, the DVD/CD player also has digital optical output for optional home theater audio hookup and the TV has additional input options, including four HDMI inputs and a VGA PC monitor input. For private listening, a headphone output is also included. You gotta check this one out. Great for a second room or office. Note: 1080i and 1080p input signals are downscaled to 720p for screen display.
Also available in a 19-inch screen size - Compare Prices for the RCA 19LB30RQD.
4. Magnavox 26MD311B 26-inch LCD TV/DVD Combo
The Magnavox 26MD311B is a 26-inch flat panel 720p LCD TV (1366x768 pixel resolution) combined with a DVD Player that not only offers DVD playback, but can also play CDs. This unit is also equipped with additional AV inputs, including two HDMI (one rear, one side) and one set of component video inputs, as well as a digital optical audio output for connection to a home theater system. The 26MD311B also comes equipped with a built-in ATSC/QAM tuner, which allows direct reception of the digital over-the-air and digital unscrambled cable channels.
For audio, the 26MD311B also has a built-in stereo speaker system with a 5-band equalizer and sound leveling to provide a better listening experience for those that may not have an external audio system. With its modest size and basic features, this unit may be a good option for your home theater setup.
5. Magnavox 26MD301B 26-inch LCD TV/DVD Combo
The Magnavox 32MD301B features a 26-inch LCD screen with a 1366x768 (approx 720p) display resolution combined with a disc player that plays both DVDs and CDs. The 26MD301B also features a ATSC/QAM tuner for reception of over-the-air and unscrambled digital cable signals, as well as additional AV inputs, including two HDMI, one component, one composite, and even a now-rare S-video input.
You can also enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound from your DVDs by connecting the digital coaxial audio output to your home theater system. In fact, this TV combo also provides an analog stereo output option if that is more convenient. This set may be just the right space saving solution for a small apartment or second room.
6. Insignia NS-24ED200NA14 24-inch LED/LCD TV/DVD Combo
The Insignia NS-24ED200NA14 (Insignia is one of Best Buy's house brands) TV/DVD combo features a compact 720p high definition 24-inch LCD television with LED Edge Light and built-in ATSC/QAM tuner that can receive over-the-air digital TV broadcasts and unscrambled HD cable programming. Also featured is a built-in slot-loading DVD progressive scan player, plus two HDMI, Component, and analog video inputs for connecting additional devices, such as a Blu-ray, DVD Recorder, or VCR. You can also use this combo as a PC monitor via its VGA monitor input. In addition, a USB port is laos provided for playback of JPEG photos from a flash drive, or the installation of firmware updates, if needed.This unit is great for bedrooms, offices, or dorm room. If you are looking for a space-saving TV solution, check out the Insignia NS-24ED200NA14 LCD TV/DVD combination.
Also available in a larger 28-inch screen size (Insignia NS-28ED200NA14) - Buy Direct.