1. Design: 9-driver, 3-channel (2-way center; 2-1/2-way Left and Right) acoustic suspension, on-wall/shelf-mounted, magnetically shielded for home theater use.
2. Crossover: 2.0 kHz, 800 Hz (bass drivers on Left and Right channels).
3. Tweeters: Three 25-mm (1 in) domes, die-cast chassis, ferro-fluid cooled.
4. Bass/Midrange Drivers: Four 115-mm (4-1/2 in) MLP™ cones, 25-mm (1 in) dual-layer voice coils.
5. Bass Drivers: Two 115-mm (4-1/2 in) mineral-filled polypropylene cones, 25-mm (1 in) dual-layer voice coils.
6. Frequency Response: On-Axis ±2 dB from 120 Hz - 20 kHz, 30° Off-Axis ±2 dB from 120 Hz - 18 kHz, Low Frequency Extension: 80 Hz.
7. Sensitivity: 87 dB, Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms.
8. Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15-150 watts - Maximum Input Power: 90 watts
9. Height: 5-1/8 in, Width: 41-5/16 in, Depth: 4-3/4 in, Weight: 18 pounds
10. Available Finishes: Polished Aluminum, Black Chrome, Suggested Price: $1,149.
DVD player: OPPO DV-983H DVD/SACD/DVD-Audio Player
Blu-ray Disc Player: Sony BD-PS350.
Comparison Loudspeaker Speaker Setups:
All Displays were calibrated using SpyderTV Software.
Level checks for speaker setups were done using a Radio Shack Sound Level Meter
1. Blu-ray Discs used included: 300, Across The Universe, Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian, Iron Man, Master and Commander, Shakira - Oral Fixation Tour, The Dark Knight, and Wall-E.
3. Pre-recorded standard DVDs used included scenes from the following: The Cave, House of the Flying Daggers, Kill Bill - Vol 1/2, Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut), Lord of Rings Trilogy, Moulin Rouge, and V For Vendetta.
Standard CDs included: Al Stewart - A Beach Full of Shells, Beatles - LOVE, Blue Man Group - The Complex, Joshua Bell - Bernstein - West Side Story Suite, Eric Kunzel - 1812 Overture, HEART - Dreamboat Annie, Lisa Loeb - Firecracker, Nora Jones - Come Away With Me.
DVD-Audio/DTS music discs used included: Queen: Night At The Opera/The Game, Eagles: Hotel California, Sheila Nicholls: Wake, Alan Parsons: On Air. Also included: The Corrs: In Blue (Dolby Digital).
SACD discs used included: Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, Steely Dan - Gaucho, The Who - Tommy.
1. As a single, standalone (L,C,R) speaker system.
2. As a standalone speaker system, combined with a separate subwoofer (Klipsch Synergy Sub10).
3. Same as setup #2, but adding two left and right surround speakers (Klipsch Synergy B3).
Proceed to Page 2: Evaluation and Final Take.