1. Samsung DA-E750 Vacuum Tube-Equipped Audio Dock
Review - Product Photos - Compare Prices
2. Voice Clarifying TV Speaker
This is a great product for those that are hard-of-hearing, or just have trouble hearing dialog over music and sound effects on TV programs or DVDs. The TV speaker even has two 3.5mm headphone connection outputs for late night private listening.
3. Chestnut Hill Sound - GEORGE Compact Audio SystemGEORGE is a unique combination product that blends a compact audio system with full iPod connectivity and control. In addition to providing great room-filling sound from your iPod, GEORGE also features a built-in AM/FM radio and an auxiliary input for the connection of a CD or Cassette player.
Adding to its flexibility is the inclusion of the detachable front control panel, which also doubles as the GEORGE's wireless remote control. Some drawbacks, however, are the large external power supply, inconvenient subwoofer control, no incorporation of XM or Sirius Satellite Radio connectivity, and a high price tag.
Review - Manufacturer's Site
4. Onkyo CS-355 Colibrino Bluetooth Mini-SystemThe Onkyo CS-355 is a compact system featuring a stylish exterior finish (you have a choice of red, white, or black). Inside the main unit there is a high current 15 WPC amplifier (measured at 1khz @ 6 ohms), 2-Way bass reflex loudspeakers featuring 3-inch midrange/woofer drivers and 3/4-inch tweeters, slot loading CD player, AM/FM Radio Tuner, and subwoofer preamp output. The Onkyo CS-355 also features a convenient front panel USB port for connecting iOS devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad) and flash drives.
Additional features that make the CS-355 more flexible and easy-to-use are active bass control, which increases bass output at lower volume, line input for connection of analog audio sources, a headphone output that is great for late night or private listening, and a wireless remote control.
The big added bonus is that the CS-355 also includes wireless Bluetooth, which allows you to stream music wirelessly from a compatible smartphone or portable audio player to the system.
This system may be small but delivers great sound for home or office.
5. Yamaha MCR-042 Micro Component SystemThe MCR-042 is a compact system that consists of a CD Receiver and detachable bass reflex designed compact speakers with 4-inch drivers. The CD transport is compatible with CD/CR-R/RWs as well as WMA and MP3 discs, while its USB port can access WMA or MP3 audio files from flash drives. Other features include a 30-channel preset AM and FM tuners, integrated iPod Dock, Aux input for analog audio sources, and wireless remote control. There is also a free downlable app that allows a compatible iOS device to control the audio and alarm clock functions. The MCR-042 comes in ten color choices (Dary Gray, Purple, Yellow, Light Brown, White, Pink, Black, Red, Green, and Orange).
6. Panasonic SC-HC57 Micro Hi-Fi SystemPanasonic has always done well with their compact audio products and the SC-HC57is no exception. For $199 you get a compact audio system that can be table or wall mounted, with a single tray CD player (CDR/RW playback), FM tuner with 30 FM presets, iPod/iPhone connectivity via onboard dock or Airplay, and wireless remote control. A great added bonus is that this system also access internet radio stations if you have the vTuner for Panasonic app installed on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Another interesting feature is that the speakers are made out of bamboo. This a great little system that is both stylish and sounds good.
7. Sony CMT-BX20i Micro Shelf SystemThe Sony CMT-BX20i is a great basic micro-system. Included in its compact, stylish, black cabinet is a built-in CD player with CDR/RW/MP3 playback capability. Also included: built-in iPod dock with iPod control, a PC/Audio in for connecting your PC or Digital Audio Player, an AM/FM tuner features 30 presets, and a wireless remote control. How does is sound? Not bad for a small microsystem priced at about $129. Th CMT-BX20i makes a great gift for any occasion, or an inexpensive gadget self-indulgence for yourself.
8. Yamaha MCR-232 Mini CD/iPod SystemThe MCR-232 is a compact system that consists of a CD Receiver (20wpc) and Two compact two-way Bass Reflex speakers. In addition, the CD transport is compatible with CD/CR-R/RWs as well as WMA and MP3 discs, while its USB port can access audio files from connected flash drives, and an iPad. Other features include, a 30-channel preset AM/FM tuner, integrated iPod Dock, and remote control. This system also features a subwoofer line output for connecting an external powered subwoofer of your choice. The MCR-232 also provides a headphone output, plus an additional analog audio input for connecting other analog audio devices, such as an audio cassette deck. The Yamaha MCR-232 provides great music listening performance in a small package.
9. Sony WHG-SLK1i Compact Audio System with LCD ScreenThe Sony WHG-SLK1i is a unique compact audio system that features a DVD/CD player, iPod docking station, AM/FM radio, two speakers, and a built-in 9-inch LCD video screen. Also, included USB port and memory stick slot provide added access to media files stored on flash drives or Sony memory sticks.
In addition of CDs the WHG-SLK1ia also plays DVDs (including most recordable DVD formats and VCDs). The WHG-SLK1i also incorporates Dolby Digital decoding and Virtual Surround processing for internal playback, but there is also a set of analog AV inputs, as well as a composite video output for the DVD player.
There is a composite video output provided to connect the WHG-SLK1i to a full size TV or monitor, but no HDMI output is provided which limits the quality of the video output when connected to an HDTV.
That being said, the built-in LCD screen makes this unit great if you need a small video display in either a bedroom, dorm, or office setting, viewing video or still image content on the built-in LCD screen. For more details on the WHG-SLK1i, check out my expanded overview, Official Product Page and User Manual.
10. Denon D-M39S CD/FM/iPod Micro SystemHere is a compact audio system that really packs a punch. The Denon D-M39 features a separate mini-size CD player and Receiver, combined with newly designed compact efficient 2-way loudspeakers. In addition, the D-M39 provides for an optional external subwoofer, via a dedicated subwoofer pre-out connection. The amplifier of the D-M39 delivers 30wpc (at 6ohms/1 KHz) and the CD player is compatible with both CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 and WMA discs. Other practical features include an FM tuner, and iPod/iPhone connectivity via USB. The D-M389 has extra analog audio inputs. The D-M39 even has an subwoofer preamp output. This system is targeted for office use, but makes a great bedroom or dorm system as well.
11. Sonoro Cubo Model AU-1300 Compact CD Player and Clock Radio
Review - Official Product Page