The guide provides 24-hour in advance program information, which is matched to what is available in your geographical area.
Features of the guide include:
1. Video Preview Window: Allows you see the current TV channel.
2. Information Box: More detailed info on the selected TV channel.
3. TV listings: List of program info - up to 24 hours in advance.
4. Browse/Search: Allows program search by keyword or title.
5. Ads: In order to provide this on screen guide free to the user, Rovi includes paid ads displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
6. Settings: Allows user to customize some features of the guide.
7. My TV: Allows customization of program and channel listings according to personal preferences, such as movies, sports, etc... Information can also be displayed in thumbnail form, rather than a grid.
8. Channel Logos: Displays the logo of the local station or cable/satellite channel/service.
9. Listings Grid: Displays all the channel/program listings in a grid fashion for easy scrolling.
To say that the Sony Bravia KDL-46HX820 has a lot of features is an understatement. Starting with its thin and stylish design, durable Gorilla Glass screen, and swivel stand, this set certainly starts off on the right foot.
The KDL-46HX820 utilizes LCD technology supported by LED edge-lighting and also offers a full complement of audio/video inputs, including four HDMI inputs, two USB ports, and both built-in Ethernet and Wifi for network/internet connectivity.
The Sony Bravia KDL-46HX820 provides both 3D and 2D viewing options, as well the ability to access media files from USB connected devices, such as flash drives, as well as Internet streaming of movies, TV programs, and music. The Sony KDL-46HX820 is certainly designed as a centerpiece for a home theater system. However, there is more to the story than what I have shown you this profile.