1. Sharp LC-90LE745U 90-inch 3D LED/LCD TVIf are looking for a really large 3D TV, check out the 90-inch Sharp LC-90LE745U. 3D viewing is provided using active shutter glasses, and is supported by full array LED backlighting, 1080p native resolution, 120 Hz refresh rate, augmented with 240 Hz backlight scanning, and excellent contrast ratio. In addition network connectivity (wired or wifi) is incorporated to provide access to internet streaming content, a full web browser, and even direct online tech support. You can even use the TV to make Skype video phone calls (camera required).
However, even though LC-90LE745U is quite large, it only consumes an average of about 150 watts (maximum 380 watts). Also, despiste a 90-inch screen size, the set is only 5-inches deep and weighs about 140 lbs.
Is 90-inches too large for you? If so, then check out Sharp's 80-inch LC-80LE844U 3D LED/LCD TV. Compare Prices
2. LG 55LM7600 3D LED/LCD TV with Passive GlassesThe 55LM7600 one of the entries in LG's line of 3D LED/LCD TVs that utilize LG Cinema 3D technology. LG Cinema 3D takes the emphasis away from 3D TVs that require Active Shutter Glasses to 3D TVs that use Passive Polarized Glasses.
Some of the the benefits of passive glasses, include better 3D viewing comfort, increased brightness of 3D images, no need for battery charging or replacement, and the lower prices charged for passive 3D glasses (Six pairs included with TV - extras about $10 each). However, one consideration is that using passive glasses with a 1080p 3D TV, although 2 viewing is full 1080p, unlike 3D TVs utilizing active shutter glasses, the 3D resolution is slightly lower for 3D images.
However, that being said, the LG 5LM7600 is worth consideration and also offers a host of other great features, including a large 55-inch screen size, real time 3D conversion for 2D sources, 3D to 2D conversion (if desired), 240Hz screen refresh rate, network connectivity via ethernet or WiFi connection, and internet streaming.
Also available in a smaller 47-inch screen size. Compare Prices for the LG 47LM7600.
3. Panasonic TC-L55ET5 55-inch 3D Network LED/LCD TVSince Panasonic's emphasis in on Plasma TV technology, up until now their LCD TV offerings have been concentrated on screen sizes 42-inches and smaller. However, for 2012, Panasonic is jumping into the highly competitive above 42-inch screen LCD TV product category with several entries.
The Panasonic TC-L55ET5 is s new step for Panasonic in two ways: Its large 55-inch LCD screen size and the incorporation of 3D using passive 3D glasses technology (four pairs of glasses are included). In addition, this set incorporates full 2D 1080p display resoluton, wide viewing angle IPS LCD panel, backlight scanning in addition to the screen refresh rate, and Wifi connectivity for convenient access to a host streaming and social media content from the internet or network-connected PCs. Panasonic even offers a free remote control app for Android devices, or you can just the remote with backlit buttons provided with the TV.
4. Samsung UN55ES8000 55-inch 3D LED/LCD TVThe Samsung UN55ES8000 55-inch 3D LED/LCD TV enables you to watch 3D content from a variety of sources, as well as built-in real-time 2D-to-3D conversion. Although not as precise as content specifically produced in 3D, the conversion process does add depth to 2D images. Four pairs of active shutter 3D glasses are included with the TV.
In addition to 3D, the 55ES8000 is also a top-of-the-line LCD TV with excellent 1080p 2D images supported by Samsung's Clear Motion Rate 960 which combines screen refresh rate (240Hz), image processing, and LED lighting technology to produce detailed smooth motion images.
The UN55ES8000 incoporates Smart TV features, Dual Core PC-like Processing, and built-in WiFi, making access to and abundance of internet and home network-based content easy. To organize it allow is Samsung's Smart Hub and Apps features, which you can log into via the UN55ES8000's built-in facial recognition camera. In addition, the built-in camera allows you to make Skype video phone calls. Samsung even provides a Smart Touch Remote with allows the TV to be controlled by voice and hand gestures. An impressive TV that offers just about everything you might need for a great home entertainment experience.
5. Sony BRAVIA XBR-65HX950 3D Internet LED/LCD TVThe Sony XBR-65HX950 provides a great viewing experience, whether viewing full 3D or standard 2D. The viewing experience is suported by a sturdy 64.5-inch Corning Gorilla Glass screen, 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, and an almost unlimited contrast ratio bolstered by LED full array backlight with local dimming technology, and 240Hz screen refresh rate combined with backlight scanning (Motion Flow XR960). For 3D viewing the XBR-65HX950 requires the use of Active Shutter glasses. Depending on sales promotions, 3D glasses may, or may not be included.
This set also provides four HDMI 1.4a inputs, built-in ATSC/QAM tuners, which allow reception of over-the-air HDTV signals and Digital/HD-cable (non-premium channels), and USB port for playing audio/video/still images from compatible devices. Also, built-in WiFi connectivity is provided which allows internet streaming from a varietly online content sources.
Don't have room for a 65-inch TV? If so, this set is also available in a 55-inch class screen size Compare Prices for the Sony Bravia XBR-55HX950.
6. LG 47LM6700 47-inch LED/LED 3D Network TVThe LG 47LM6700 one of the increasing number of 3D LED/LCD TVs that utilize LG Cinema 3D technology. Instead of requiring Active Shutter Glasses to view 3D, the 47LM6700 utilizes Passive Polarized Glasses.
Some of the the benefits of passive glasses, include better 3D viewing comfort, increased brightness of 3D images, no need for battery charging or replacement, and the lower prices charged for passive 3D glasses (about $10 each - but the TV comes with six pairs). However, one consideration is that using passive glasses with a 1080p 3D TV, unlike 3D TVs utilizing active shutter glasses, the 3D resolution drops somewhat for 3D images.
Addition features provided on the 47LM6700 include real time 3D conversion for 2D sources, 3D to 2D conversion (if desired), 120Hz screen refresh rate, network connectivity via ethernet or WiFi connection, and internet streaming.
Also available in a larger 55-inch screen size (Compare Prices for the LG 55LM6700).
7. Samsung UN46ES7100 46-inch 3D LED/LCD TVThe Samsung UN46ES7100 LED/LCD TV enables you to watch 3D Blu-ray Discs from a 3D-enabled Blu-ray Disc player, but the UN46ES7100 also features built-in real-time 2D-to-3D conversion. Although the effect is not as precise as it is from content specifically produced in 3D, the conversion process does add depth to 2D images. Of course, you will need to purchase 3D glasses to enjoy the show (check for promotions that may include one or two pairs of 3D glasses with TV purchase). On the other hand, even if you don't partake in the 3D experience, the UN46ES7100 produces excellent 1080p 2D images.
Also, the UN46ES7100 provides you with access to an abundant of internet content via Samsung Apps, including Blockbuster and Netflix, and even Skype, with its built-in network connectivity . NOTE: 3D Glasses requires additional purchase.
Also available in larger 55-inch (UN55ES7100 - compare prices) and 60-inch (UN60ES7100 - compare prices) screen sizes. Note: If you have the budget and the space, a larger screen will deliver a more immersive 3D viewing experience.
8. LG PZ950 Series THX-Certified 3D Plasma TVsThe LG PZ950 Series Plasma TVs are THX Certified for both 2D and 3D performance.
These sets are compatible with 3D Blu-ray Discs, cable/satellite, and broadcast. These sets also perform 2D-to-3D conversion, if desired. 3D glasses must be purchased separately. Even if you don't partake in 3D, these sets produce great 1080p 2D images with the excellent motion and black level response that Plasma technology provides. The PX950 series also provides access to internet content, such as Netflix and Vudu, as well as media content stored on your PC or network connected device (DLNA certified).
9. Panansonic TC-P50GT50 3D Network Plasma TVThe Panasonic TC-P50GT50 is a 50-inch Plasma TV that is THX certified for both 2D and 3D. 3D content can be accessed from 3D Blu-ray, TV broadcast, cable, or satellite TV sources, utilizing the active shutter glasses system.
To bolster both 2D and 3D performance, the 50-inch TC-P50GT50 also features 1920x1080 (1080p) native pixel resolution, and Panasonic's Infinite Black Pro Panel for improved black level response.
The TC-P50GT50 also has more to offer, such as 4 HDMI inputs, and both an SD Card slot and USB port for accessing audio, video, and still image files stored on SD cards and flash drives. In addition with network media player capabilities, this set can access both PC-based and online streaming audio/video content via wired or wireless internet connection. With the addition of a compatible accessory webcam, you can even make Skype video phone calls. The TC-P50GT50 also utilizes an attractive, thin profile, design, feature-packed TV that may be just right for your home theater system.
10. Panasonic TC-P50ST50 3D Network Plasma TVThe 50-inch Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 plasma television delivers great image quality at a reasonable price. This set features 1920x1080 (1080p) pixel resolution, excellent contrast ratio, enchanced black level performance, and pixel orbiting to eliminate screen burn-in. This set also has ATSC/QAM tuners for receiving HDTV broadcast and unscrambled cable and an SD card slot for digital photo playback. Viera Cast built-in WiFi allows wireless internet access to YouTube, Amazon video, and other web content and also provides access to media content stored on your PC or media server. You can even access an online version of the user manual.
As an added bonus, the TC-P50ST50 also provides both 2D and 3D viewing (including 2D-to-3D conversion). Also, if you don't want the hassle of an external audio system, the ST50 incorporates eight dome speakers and slim subwoofer mounted behind the screen. This is a great addition to a family's home theater experience.