1. DVDO Air3 WirelessHD Adapter
The DVDO Air3 WirelessHD Adapter is a practical home theater add-on that provide wireless transmission for an an HDMI-equipped source device, such as a Blu-ray Disc player, cable/satellite box, or network media player/media streamer, and a video display device, such as a TV or projector. Also, the HDMI input on the transmitter is MHL-compatible, allowing connection of compatible smartphones, tablets, or other sources, such as the Roku Streaming Stick.
This DVDO Air3 is not only very easy to set up and use, but the transmitter and receiver are extremely compact, allowing easy placement on a shelf, back of a TV, wall, or even on a ceiling. Both a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver are included in the package, but you can add additional units if desired.
Official Product Page - Review
2. Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Blu-ray Disc Player
The Panasonic DMP-BDT230 is a slim and stylish Blu-ray Disc player that features 2D and 3D playback of Blu-ray Discs, 2D to 3D conversion, and 1080p upscaling of standard DVDs via HDMI output. Also, if you have an extensive CD collection, the DMP-BDT230 will make them sound great.
In addition to the internet, the Ethernet and WiFi connection also allows you to access content stored on other network-connected devices you may have such as a PC, NAS drive, or media server. The DMP-BDT230 also incorporates Miracast connectivity, which provides wireless streaming directly from compatible smartphones and tablets. For additional convenience both an SD Card Slot and USB port are provided for access to digital media content via SD cards and USB flash drives.
When you count up everything you can do with the DMP-BDT230, as well this player providing a very easy-to-navigate onscreen menu system, you can see that you get a lot for your dollar.
3. Polk Audio PSW10 or PSW110 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer
The Polk PSW10 is a modest powered subwoofer that is great for entry level systems and/or small rooms. This compact subwoofer delivers 50 Watts of continuous power, good clarity, tightness, and a lower bass response than you might find on more expensive subs. The PSW10 has a 10-inch woofer cone, a front mounted port to extend lower frequency response, a frequency response of 35 to 200Hz, and an 80Hz to 160Hz adjustable crossover. Input connections include both Line Level and standard speaker connections. The PSW10 also features an Auto On/Off function.
Also, if you want a more "beefy" sub, also check out the PSW110, which is about the same size as the PSW10 but offers a 100 watt output and downfiring port - it is also priced a little higher at around $249. Compare Prices for the PSW110.
4. Western Digital WD TV Live Streaming Media PlayerThe Western Digital WD TV Live is a compact network media player that allows streaming of both online and network-based content to you TV and home theater system. Using either wired or WiFi connection, the WD TV Live provides access to internet-based content providers, such as HuluPlus, Netflix, Spotify, Blockbuster On Demand, CinemaNow, and Pandora. In addition, the WD TV Live also provides access to digital media content stored on PCs and media servers. The WD TV Live can output up to 1080p video resolution via HDMI connection.
Read Full Review - Photo Profile - Compare Prices
5. Epson Accolade Duet ELPSC80 Projection ScreenIf you are looking for a convenient portable video projection screen, the Epson Accolade Duet ELPSC80 may be just the ticket. The ELPSC80 comes with both a sturdy removable tripod and wall mounting hardware, so you have installation flexibility. The ELPSC80 opens from the center outward and can be set for a 60-inch 4x3 aspect ratio or an 80-inch 16x9 aspect ratio. When you open the screen there are clicks to tell you when you reach the desired aspect ratio. Note: There is a slight sag at the top of the screen that may be noticeable on images that fill the entire screen surface. The ELPSC80 is a very affordable portable video projection screen solution for the living room, office, or even outdoors on a warm Summer night.
6. Toshiba DR430 DVD Recorder with HDMI OutputHere is a budget-priced DVD recorder with very practical features. For less than $120, the Toshiba DR430 offers DVD-R/-RW and +R/+RW format recording with Auto Finalization, a front panel DV-input for connecting digital camcorders, and an HDMI output with 1080p upscaling. In addition, the DR430 can also play back MP3-CDs, as well as standard audio CDs. However, the DR-430 does not have a built-in tuner, so it is necessary to use an external cable or satellite box to record television programs. If you subscribe to cable or satellite and use a box, and have an HDTV to access the 430's 1080p upscaling video output capability, then this DVD recorder might be a good match for your entertainment setup.
7. Sony CDP-CE500 5-Disc CD Changer
Dedicated CD players are hard to find these days, and most of the ones that are still available are of the high-end variety. However, there are some affordable units available if you look around.
The Sony CDP-CE500 is a 5 disc CD carousel-style changer. This changer has both analog stereo and digital optical audio outputs and Play Exchange, which allows the playing of one disc while removing or placing other discs on the carousel. To top it off, the CDP-CE500 has a front mounted USB port that allows you to listen to MP3, WMA, and ACC music files stored on a connected USB Flash Drive. You even record music from a CD to a connected USB flash drive. If you are in the market for a dedicated CD player, check out the Sony CDP-CE500.
8. Voice Clarifying TV Speaker
The Voice Clarifying Speaker is a very clever device from Hammacher Schlemmer that is designed to allow users to amplify dialog and vocal frequencies to make them more understandable for those that have difficulty hearing. The system easy to set-up. All you have to do is connect its wireless transmitter to a TV (or cable box, satellite box, DVD player or Bly-ray Disc player) that is equipped with either analog or digital optical output connections. Next, just place the TV speaker near your seating location (within 50 feet of the transmitter - line of sight), synch them up, and you are set to go.
For added convenience, the TV speaker also has 3.5mm headphone connection outputs for late night private listening.
9. Netgear XAVB1004 Powerline Adapter KitPowerline adapters use your household electrical wiring to transfer data and audio/video information. A network media player or other networkable TV or component can use powerline adapters to connect to the home network router and internet modem that is placed in another part of the house, eliminating the need for long Ethernet cables. The Netgear XAVB1004 provides fast connection speeds for transferring files and smooth high definition audio and video. This kit comes with an adapter that has four Ethernet ports to connect several home theater devices--a TV, a Blu-ray Disc player, a network media player and a DVR.
10. Atlona High-Speed Flat HDMI CablesIf you are upgrading your home theater and are looking for HDMI cables that are "future-proof", then check out the offerings from Atlona. The Atlona Flat HDMI cables come in a variety of lengths and meet all current HDMI requirements, including 10.2 GPs transfer rate capability for 3D and Audio Return Channel, plus capability for future needs including resolutions up to 4K (4096x2160) and Ethernet-over-HDMI. In addition, the flat styling makes placing and hiding the cables easier. Last, but not least, the Atlona flat HDMI cables are actually less expensive than HDMI cables from some other well-known manufacturers.