1. Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Blu-ray Disc PlayerThe Panasonic DMP-BDT230 is a slim and stylish Blu-ray Disc player that features 2D and 3D playback of Blu-ray Discs, 2D to 3D conversion, and 1080p upscaling of standard DVDs via HDMI output. Also, if you have an extensive CD collection, the DMP-BDT230 will make them sound great.
In addition to the internet, the Ethernet and WiFi connection also allows you to access content stored on other network-connected devices you may have such as a PC, NAS drive, or media server. The DMP-BDT230 also incorporates Miracast connectivity, which provides wireless streaming directly from compatible smartphones and tablets. For additional convenience both an SD Card Slot and USB port are provided for access to digital media content via SD cards and USB flash drives.
When you count up everything you can do with the DMP-BDT230, as well this player providing a very easy-to-navigate onscreen menu system, you can see that you get a lot for your dollar.
2. Polk Audio PSW10 or PSW110 10-Inch Powered SubwooferThe Polk PSW10 is a modest powered subwoofer that is great for entry level systems and/or small rooms. This compact subwoofer delivers 50 Watts of continuous power, good clarity, tightness, and a lower bass response than you might find on more expensive subs. The PSW10 has a 10-inch woofer cone, a front mounted port to extend lower frequency response, a frequency response of 35 to 200Hz, and an 80Hz to 160Hz adjustable crossover. Input connections include both Line Level and standard speaker connections. The PSW10 also features an Auto On/Off function.
Also, if you want a more "beefy" sub, also check out the PSW110, which is about the same size as the PSW10 but offers a 100 watt output and downfiring port - it is also priced a little higher at around $249. Compare Prices for the PSW110.
3. Sony SMP-N200 Streaming PlayerThe Sony SMP-N200 is an example how much home enterntainment you can have access to for not a lot of money. This media player provides easy connection to a home network and the internet by either wired Ethernet or WiFi connection. Going though the Sony Entertainment Network, you can access services, such as Netflix, Hulus Plus, Pandora, Crackle, and more. The SMP-N200 also has a USB port for accessing content stored on compatible devices, such as Flash Drives, as well as providing access to content stored on DLNA compatible devices, such as a PC and Sony's HomeShare system components.
4. Epson Accolade Duet ELPSC80 Projection ScreenIf you are looking for a convenient portable video projection screen, the Epson Accolade Duet ELPSC80 may be just the ticket. The ELPSC80 comes with both a sturdy removable tripod and wall mounting hardware, so you have installation flexibility. The ELPSC80 opens from the center outward and can be set for a 60-inch 4x3 aspect ratio or an 80-inch 16x9 aspect ratio. When you open the screen there are clicks to tell you when you reach the desired aspect ratio. Note: There is a slight sag at the top of the screen that may be noticeable on images that fill the entire screen surface. The ELPSC80 is a very affordable portable video projection screen solution for the living room, office, or even outdoors on a warm Summer night.
5. Panasonic DVD-S68 Upscaling DVD Player with CD RippingIf you are still resistant to make the jump to Blu-ray and you need to replace your DVD player, check out the Panasonic DVD-S68. This modestly priced unit has an abundance of features including HDMI with 720p/1080i/1080p upscaling, DVD-Video/-R/-RW, CD/-R/-RW, VCD, WMA, MP3-CD, JPEG-CD, and Divx playback. In addition, the DVD-S68 also feature a USB input for playback of digital music files. In fact, you can even rip your CDs to a USB connected flash drive. Also, both analog and digital audio outputs are provided for easy connection to home theater systems. If you are looking for a good DVD player, especially with HDMI 720p/1080i/1080p upscaling, and price well under $99, definitely check out the Panasonic DVD-S68.
6. Toshiba DR430 DVD Recorder with HDMI OutputHere is a budget-priced DVD recorder with very practical features. For less than $120, the Toshiba DR430 offers DVD-R/-RW and +R/+RW format recording with Auto Finalization, a front panel DV-input for connecting digital camcorders, and an HDMI output with 1080p upscaling. In addition, the DR430 can also play back MP3-CDs, as well as standard audio CDs. However, the DR-430 does not have a built-in tuner, so it is necessary to use an external cable or satellite box to record television programs. If you subscribe to cable or satellite and use a box, and have an HDTV to access the 430's 1080p upscaling video output capability, then this DVD recorder might be a good match for your entertainment setup.
7. Sony CDP-CE500 5-Disc CD ChangerDedicated CD players are hard to find these days, and most of the ones that are still available are of the high-end variety. However, there are some affordable units available if you look around.
The Sony CDP-CE500 is a 5 disc CD carousel-style changer. This changer has both analog stereo and digital optical audio outputs and Play Exchange, which allows the playing of one disc while removing or placing other discs on the carousel. To top it off, the CDP-CE500 has a front mounted USB port that allows you to listen to MP3, WMA, and ACC music files stored on a connected USB Flash Drive. You even record music from a CD to a connected USB flash drive. If you are in the market for a dedicated CD player, check out the Sony CDP-CE500.
8. Netgear XAVB1004 Powerline Adapter KitPowerline adapters use your household electrical wiring to transfer data and audio/video information. A network media player or other networkable TV or component can use powerline adapters to connect to the home network router and internet modem that is placed in another part of the house, eliminating the need for long Ethernet cables. The Netgear XAVB1004 provides fast connection speeds for transferring files and smooth high definition audio and video. This kit comes with an adapter that has four Ethernet ports to connect several home theater devices--a TV, a Blu-ray Disc player, a network media player and a DVR.
9. Atlona AT-HDVieW VGA-HDMI Converter/ScalerThe Atlona AT-HDVieW VGA to HDMI Converter/Scaler provides a way for users to easily connect a Desktop or Laptop PC to an HDTV, HD Monitor, or video projector.
Using a PC's VGA monitor output, then connecting the provided USB cable, as well as the PC's audio output (cable provided) to the AT-HDVieW, and then connecting an HDMI cable from the AT-HDVieW to an HDMI-equipped HDTV, HD-monitor, or Video projector, you can view your Desktop or Laptop on your "big" screen in up to 1080p resolution.
Photo Profile/Review - Compare Prices
10. Atlona High-Speed Flat HDMI CablesIf you are upgrading your home theater and are looking for HDMI cables that are "future-proof", then check out the offerings from Atlona. The Atlona Flat HDMI cables come in a variety of lengths and meet all current HDMI requirements, including 10.2 GPs transfer rate capability for 3D and Audio Return Channel, plus capability for future needs including resolutions up to 4K (4096x2160) and Ethernet-over-HDMI. In addition, the flat styling makes placing and hiding the cables easier. Last, but not least, the Atlona flat HDMI cables are actually less expensive than HDMI cables from some other well-known manufacturers.