The Bottom Line
- Straight forward setup.
- Wireless Subwoofer capability reduces cable clutter.
- Good sound quality from both main sound bar unit and subwoofer.
- SRS TruSurround HD provides satisfactory surround immersion experience.
- Shelf, table, or wall mount option. Wall mounting done without additional hardware (except screws).
- SRS TruSurround HD surround processing not as distinct as true 5.1 channel system.
- High frequencies and transient sounds are a little subdued, compared to the mid-range and bass.
- Subwoofer provides deep bass, but needs a tighter bass image.
- Remote control is black and buttons hard to see in dark. LEDs on Sound Bar difficult to understand.
- No Digital Coaxial Audio input - would provide additional connection convenience if included.
- Home Theater System with 2-channel sound bar and wireless subwoofer.
- Sound Bar Amplification: 2 channel Integrated Class-D with 15 watts x 2 output and .01% THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).
- Sound Bar Speakers: 4 x 3" High Efficiency mid/bass transducers and 2 x 3/4" Aluminum Dome Tweeters.
- Sound Bar Frequency Reponse: 80Hz - 20KHZ; Subwoofer Frequency Reponse: 35 - 80Hz.
- Inputs: Two sets of RCA analog stereo line inputs and one Digitial Optical input.
- TruSurround HD processing of two-channel, Dolby Digital/DTS source signals. SRS TruVolume provides dynamic range adjustment.
- Wireless Subwoofer: 2.4Ghz Band. Wireless Range 10m or 30 feet -Clear Line of Sight. Subwoofer power output: 25 Watts.
- Compact Wireless remote control and one set of RCA analog audio cables provided.
- Dimensions: Sound Bar 39.95”W x 4.82”H x 4.33”D; Sub 11.18”W x 12.30” H x 11.87”D - Weight: SoundBar 7.8lbs; Sub 15.5lbs.
- Suggested Price: $349.99
For a closer look at the Vizio VSB210WS also check out my Supplementary Photo Gallery
Guide Review - Vizio VSB210WS 2.1 Channel Home Theater System with Wireless Subwoofer - Review
The VSB210WS delivered good audio performance, keeping in mind that it is a 2.1 channel system, and not a typical 5.1 channel surround sound system. One benefit is that the VSB210WS incorporated SRS TruSurround HD, which provides a very good surround image from two-channel source material utilizing just the sound bar and wireless subwoofer. The surround image generated by SRS TruSurround HD, although not as distinct and precise as a true Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 channel image, it does provide a satisfactory immerssive listening experience.
Note: When using the Digital Optical input, set source device audio out to PCM.
One surprise: Although the power output ratings would be considered low, even for a soundbar system, the VSB210WS easily delivered room filling sound in a 12x15 foot space.
This system is not a replacement for a true multi-speaker system in a large room, but it is a great option for a basic no-frills surround system that can enhance your TV viewing enjoyment. The Vizio VSB210WS can also be used as a second system in bedroom, office, or secondary family room.
With a little more refinement VSB210WS would be an excellent system, but If you are looking for a practical, basic, solution without investing in a multi-speaker 5.1 channel home theater system, the VSB210WS is a good value, especially for $349.
For a further look at, and explanation of, the VSB210WS, check out my Photo Gallery.